Looking to add some southern flavor to your usual dinner routine? Look no further than Cajun Ninja Crawfish Etouffee Recipe.
Over a bed of fluffy white rice, this traditional Cajun meal is topped with plump, juicy crawfish that have been covered in a thick, flavorful sauce.
This recipe is likely to impress whether you’re an experienced Cajun food fan or a novice to southern cooking.
So prepare to summon your inner Cajun ninja as we delve into the mouthwatering realm of crawfish etouffee by donning an apron and getting ready.
Ingredients for Cajun Ninja Crawfish Etouffee Recipe
- Onions – 2
- Celery– 2 Sticks of
- Green Bell Pepper – 1
- Red Bell Pepper – 1
- Green Onions – 1 Bunch
- Garlic – 4 Cloves
- Butter – 2 Sticks
- Cajun or Creole Seasoning – 1 tbsp.
- Cayenne Pepper – ¼ tbsp.
- Salt – ¼ tbsp.
- Flour – ⅓ Cup
- Louisiana Crawfish – 2 lb.
- Hot Water – 2 Cups(Add more if desired)
- A large pan/bowl
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Let’s try Cajun Ninja Crawfish Etouffee Recipe step by step
Step-01: First, chop the onion, celery, red and green bell peppers, as well as the green onions and onion. a large pan should be heated to medium/low. Two sticks of butter should be dropped into a hot pot and melted completely.
Step-02: Place the chopped vegetables in the pot and turn the flame to medium. Salt, Cayenne pepper, and Cajun seasoning should be added. For around 20 minutes, sauté. Chop the four garlic cloves as you wait.
Step-03: Add the chopped garlic and then continue to sauté for another 10 minutes. Push the vegetables to one side of the pot after another 10 minutes of sautéing.
Step-04: Mix the butter with the ⅓ cup of flour. Stir everything together once the flour is thoroughly incorporated. 30 more minutes of sautéing. At this time, exercise extreme caution. Lower the fire if it feels a little high.
Step-05: At this point, you should start cooking some rice. When there are about 3 minutes left in the sautéing process, begin heating 2 cups of water in the microwave. Add a small amount of the hot water to the saucepan and stir until a creamy consistency is achieved.
Step-06: Fill the pot with the remaining hot water and the crawfish. Blend uniformly. Turn up the heat and wait until you see a very little boil.
Step-07: Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover when you detect a very small boil. Cook for a another 15 to 20 minutes. After 15-20 minutes taste and check if you need more seasoning. If needed, you can add according to your taste.
Let it cool and serve immediately. Enjoy your homemade Cajun Ninja Crawfish Etouffee with friends and family.
If you have any confusion or doubt, please follow the video given below
Here are some tips you must follow when trying this recipe
1. Chop the Vegetables Carefully: When chopping the onions, celery, bell peppers, and green onions, try to make the pieces roughly the same size (cubic size, as suggested). Uniformly sized vegetables will cook more evenly and look more appealing in the finished dish.
2. Be Cautious When Mixing Flour with Butter: Combining flour with melted butter is the basis for making the roux, a critical element in this dish. Be patient and stir constantly when mixing these two ingredients to avoid lumps and prevent burning. The roux should be smooth and browned to your desired level.
3. Use Hot Water: As mentioned, it’s important to use hot water when adding it to the roux. This helps prevent lumps and ensures a smooth and creamy consistency in your etouffee sauce.
4. Control the Heat: Throughout the cooking process, control the heat carefully. Start with medium heat when sautéing the vegetables, but if it gets too high and you’re concerned, lower the heat to avoid scorching.
5. Taste and Adjust: After the dish is done cooking, taste it to check for seasoning. You can adjust the level of Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt to suit your personal taste. Keep in mind that it’s easier to add more seasoning than to correct an overly spicy dish, so add it gradually.
6. Serve with Accompaniments: While the recipe suggests serving over rice, feel free to explore other accompaniments like French bread, coleslaw, cornbread, or a green salad. The choice of side dishes can enhance your dining experience.
7. Enjoy with Beer or Dessert: Consider pairing your Crawfish Etouffee with a cold beer or a classic southern dessert for a complete Louisiana culinary experience.
8. Practice Patience: Making a good etouffee takes time and patience, especially when creating the roux. Don’t rush the process, and you’ll be rewarded with a flavorful and rich dish.
9. Make it Your Own: While this recipe provides a solid foundation, don’t be afraid to experiment with additional ingredients or spices to suit your preferences. Cooking is an art, and you can adjust the recipe to make it uniquely yours.
Here are some serving ideas for Cajun Ninja Crawfish Etouffee
1. Rice: Serve the etouffee over a bed of fluffy, steamed white rice or brown rice. This is a classic pairing and helps balance the spiciness of the dish.
2. French Bread: Crusty French bread is perfect for sopping up the flavorful sauce. You can even make garlic bread or serve it with a side of butter for dipping.
3. Coleslaw: A cool and creamy coleslaw provides a refreshing contrast to the heat of the etouffee. The crunchiness of the vegetables complements the creamy crawfish sauce.
4. Cornbread: Sweet or savory cornbread is a southern favorite and pairs well with spicy dishes like etouffee.
5. Green Salad: A simple green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing can provide a refreshing and healthy contrast to the richness of the etouffee.
6. Grilled Vegetables: Grilled vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, and asparagus can provide a smoky and charred flavor that complements the dish.
7. Pickles: A side of pickles, particularly bread and butter pickles or dill pickles, can add a tangy and crunchy element to your meal.
8. Beer: A cold beer, especially a light lager or a crisp pilsner, can be a great choice to wash down the spiciness of the etouffee.
9. Dessert: Finish off the meal with a classic southern dessert like pecan pie, bread pudding, or beignets for a sweet contrast to the spicy main course.
Crawfish Etouffee from the Cajun Ninja is a wonderful and authentic Louisiana dish that will bring your taste senses to the heart of Cajun country. With its rich and flavorful roux base, plump and succulent crawfish tails, and a touch of spice from the Cajun seasoning, this dish is a true masterpiece of Cajun cuisine.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make recipe, and with a few simple ingredients, you can recreate this classic Louisiana recipe in your own kitchen.
So why not give this recipe a try? Whether you’re cooking for family, friends, or just yourself, the Cajun Ninja’s Crawfish Etouffee is sure to impress and delight everyone at the table. Bon appétit!
Some commonly asked questions regarding Cajun Ninja’s Crawfish Etouffee recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers about the Crawfish Etouffee recipe by Cajun Ninja.
1. What is Crawfish Etouffee?
Crawfish Etouffee is a classic Louisiana dish that originated in the Acadiana region. It typically consists of crawfish smothered in a roux-based sauce made with onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and spices, served over rice.
2. Who is the Cajun Ninja?
The Cajun Ninja is a YouTube personality named Trevor, who creates Cajun and Creole cooking videos. He has become popular for his humorous and engaging videos, as well as his tasty recipes.
3. What ingredients do I need for Cajun Ninja’s Crawfish Etouffee recipe?
You will need crawfish tails, butter, flour, onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, chicken broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, salt, black pepper, and green onions.
4. Can I use frozen crawfish instead of fresh?
Yes, you can use frozen crawfish.
5. How long does it take to make Cajun Ninja’s Crawfish Etouffee?
The recipe takes about 65 minutes to prepare and cook.
6. What kind of rice should I serve with Crawfish Etouffee?
The Cajun Ninja recommends serving the etouffee over white rice, but you can also use brown rice or any other type of rice you prefer.
7. Is Crawfish Etouffee spicy?
The level of spiciness in the dish can be adjusted according to your taste. Cajun Ninja’s recipe includes Cajun seasoning, which adds some heat, but it’s not overly spicy.
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog post! We hope you found it informative and engaging. We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback, so please feel free to leave a comment below. And follow Yumophile on Pinterest for more interesting recipes.