Are you ready to elevate your dessert game with a spectacular treat? Our Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie Recipe is a heavenly creation that marries rich chocolate with refreshing mint flavors, all nestled in a delectable Oreo cookie crust.
This show-stopping dessert is sure to impress your guests, and it’s easier to make than you might think. With a preparation time of approximately 30 minutes and some patience for chilling, you’ll have a slice of pure delight ready to enjoy.
Check Some Other Popular Pie Recipes on our website from below
Ingredients Required for Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie Recipe
For the Chocolate Filling:
- 2 (6-inch) pre-made Oreo cookie crusts
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 12 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipped)
For the White Chocolate Filling:
- ⅛ teaspoon mint extract
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate
For the Whipped Topping:
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 round peppermint candies (crushed)
Equipment & Tools Need for This Recipe
- Electric mixer with whisk attachment
- Heatproof bowls
- Medium saucepans
- Instant-read thermometer
Preparation Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Cooking Time: No cooking required; chilling time in the refrigerator
How to Make Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie Step by Step
Step-01: For the Chocolate Filling
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form and refrigerate.
- Melt baking chocolate in the microwave, then let it cool.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla, and milk for 5 minutes. Heat the egg mixture until it reaches 160°F.
- Beat butter and sugar together for 3 minutes. Slowly add melted chocolate and eggs to the butter mixture.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread the filling into Oreo crusts, wrap, and refrigerate.
Step-02: For the White Chocolate Filling
- Whip cream and mint extract until soft peaks, then refrigerate.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring well.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, and milk for 5 minutes. Heat egg mixture over simmering water to 160°F.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add cooled white chocolate and eggs. Carefully fold in whipped cream.
- Spread filling in Oreo crust. Wrap and refrigerate.
Step-03: For the Whipped Topping
- Chill the mixing bowl and whisk for 10-15 minutes.
- Whip cream, sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form (1-2 mins).
- Top the pie with whipped cream and crushed peppermint.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
Enjoy Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie!
Please take a moment to watch the recipe video for a more comprehensive understanding of the process.
Nutrition Table for Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie
|– Saturated Fat
|– Dietary Fiber
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on ingredient brands and specific measurements.
Creative Serving Ideas for Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie
1. Whipped Cream: Top each slice with an extra dollop of freshly whipped cream for an added layer of indulgence.
2. Hot Cocoa: Serve the pie alongside a steaming mug of hot cocoa, complete with mini marshmallows and a candy cane stirrer for a delightful winter dessert experience.
3. Fresh Berries: A side of fresh berries, like raspberries or strawberries, provides a lovely contrast to the richness of the pie and adds a pop of color to the plate.
4. Mint Tea or Mint Lime: Complement the minty flavor of the pie with a soothing cup of mint tea or mint lime. It’s a refreshing beverage that enhances the overall experience.
5. Chocolate Drizzle: Drizzle some melted chocolate over each slice for an extra chocolatey touch. Dark or white chocolate can both work beautifully.
6. Vanilla Ice Cream: A scoop of high-quality vanilla ice cream alongside a slice of Candy Cane Pie creates a delightful hot-and-cold dessert contrast.
7. Crushed Peppermint: Sprinkle extra crushed peppermint candies on top of each slice for a festive and flavorful garnish.
8. Café au Lait: Pair with a creamy café au lait for a delightful combination of flavors and textures.
9. Candied Orange Zest: Add a citrusy touch by garnishing with candied orange zest for a flavor contrast that complements the mint and chocolate.
Some Special Recommendation and tips on this Recipe
1. Use High-Quality Ingredients: To achieve the best flavor, use high-quality chocolate and ingredients, as the chocolate is a central element of this dessert.
2. Temperature Matters: Ensure your butter is at room temperature for the filling. This allows for easier mixing and a smoother texture.
3. Chilling Time: Don’t rush the chilling process. Both the chocolate and white chocolate fillings need ample time to set in the refrigerator to achieve the right consistency.
4. Whipping Cream: Whip the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks. Over-whipping can lead to a buttery texture, so stop once it’s fluffy and holds its shape.
5. Instant-Read Thermometer: Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure the egg mixture reaches 160 degrees F during the preparation process. This step is crucial for food safety.
6. Proper Storage: After making the pie, wrap it with plastic wrap to prevent it from absorbing odors in the refrigerator. This will also prevent the top from drying out.
7. Serving Portions: This pie is rich, so consider smaller serving portions than you might for other desserts. A little goes a long way.
8. Variations: Feel free to get creative with the toppings. You can use crushed cookies, additional chocolate drizzle, or even shaved chocolate for added texture and flavor.
9. Make Ahead: You can prepare this pie a day ahead of your event or celebration. The extra chilling time will enhance the flavors.
10. Gluten-Free Option: If you or your guests have dietary restrictions, look for gluten-free Oreo crusts to make this dessert gluten-free.
11. Presentation: Take your time to present the pie beautifully on a decorative serving platter. Garnish with mint leaves or a dusting of powdered sugar for an elegant touch.
12. Enjoy Cold: This pie is best enjoyed cold, straight from the refrigerator. The contrast between the cold, creamy filling and the crunchy Oreo crust is delightful.
Frequently Asked Questions on Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie Recipe
In this section, we’ve compiled a list of most commonly asked questions on Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie Recipe along with concise answers
1. What is Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie?
Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie is a seasonal dessert made with a chocolate cookie crust, candy cane-flavored filling, and whipped cream topping.
2. When is Candy Cane Pie available at Bakers Square?
Candy Cane Pie is typically available during the holiday season, from late November to early January.
3. Can I order a whole Candy Cane Pie at Bakers Square?
Yes, you can usually order a whole Candy Cane Pie from Bakers Square for special occasions.
4. Is the Candy Cane Pie recipe available online?
Bakers Square does not typically share their official recipes online, but you can find similar recipes from other sources.
5. How many calories are in a slice of Candy Cane Pie at Bakers Square?
The exact calorie count may vary, but a typical slice of Candy Cane Pie is around 500-600 calories.
6. Does Bakers Square sell Banana Cream Pie?
Yes, Bakers Square offers Banana Cream Pie as one of their menu items.
7. Can I order a whole Banana Cream Pie at Bakers Square?
Yes, you can usually order a whole Banana Cream Pie from Bakers Square for special occasions.
8. Is Bakers Square Oreo Pie discontinued?
Bakers Square’s menu offerings may change, but as of my last update in September 2021, the Oreo Pie was available. It’s best to check with the restaurant for the most current menu information.
9. What are the other seasonal pies offered by Bakers Square?
Bakers Square often introduces seasonal pies, including Pumpkin, Pecan, and Key Lime, depending on the time of year.
10. Can I get a gluten-free version of Candy Cane Pie at Bakers Square?
Bakers Square’s menu may not always include gluten-free options for Candy Cane Pie, so it’s advisable to check with the restaurant for dietary accommodations.
Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie is a dessert that weaves the irresistible allure of chocolate with the refreshing embrace of mint. It’s a crowd-pleaser and a taste sensation that’s sure to impress at gatherings, holidays, or whenever you’re in need of a sweet indulgence.
Our tips ensure success in crafting this decadent delight. Take your time, let the layers of chocolate and mint meld, and relish the creamy contrast of the fillings against the Oreo crust. This pie is not just a dessert; it’s a work of art.
From the very first bite to the lingering minty finish, it’s a masterpiece that’s meant to be shared with loved ones. So, savor each slice and celebrate the moments it creates—because in the world of desserts, Candy Cane Pie truly shines.
If you have anything to share with me please comment below. you can also get in touch with me on Pinterest.