Today, we’re diving deep into the heart of Cajun cuisine to unlock the secrets of a beloved dessert: the legendary King Cake.
But this isn’t just any King Cake; it’s a creation that brings the spirit of the Cajun Ninja to your kitchen. With its origins rooted in French and Spanish traditions, the King Cake has evolved into a symbol of indulgence and celebration. And with our exclusive recipe, we’re taking it to a whole new level.
Join us as we guide you through a step-by-step journey, revealing the techniques, spices, and unmistakable Cajun flair that make this King Cake a true culinary masterpiece. Get ready to impress your family and friends with a dessert fit for a king! Check another popular recipe on our site, called Pappadeaux Crab And Spinach Dip Recipe.
Ingredients Required for Cajun Ninja King Cake Recipe
For the Dough(2 King Cakes)
- All Purpose Flour – 6 Cups
- Envelope of Active Dry Yeast – 2 (¼ oz.)
- Lukewarm Water – ½ Cup
- Sugar – ½ Cup
- Salt – ½ tbsp.
- Salted Butter – 1 Stick
- Cream Cheese – 1 Block(8 oz.)
- Whole Milk – 1 Cup
- Egg – 2
For the filling(2 King Cakes)
- Light Brown Sugar – ⅓ Cup
- White Sugar – ⅓ Cup
- Cinnamon – 2 tbsp.
- Butter Melted – ½ Stick
For the topping(2 King Cakes)
- Confectioners Sugar – 1 Cup
- Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Purple Sanding Sugar
- Gold Sanding Sugar
- Green Sanding Sugar
Let’s Start Making Cajun Ninja King Cake Recipe
Step-01: Begin by heating a small pot over low heat. Stir the butter and the cream cheese in a saucepan, stirring constantly until creamy.
Step-02: In a separate bowl, combine the Yeast, a Spoonful of Sugar, and ½ Cup of Water. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
Step-03: Add the remaining ½ Cup of Sugar and Salt to the melted Cream Cheese and Butter. Once the mixture is creamy, pour in the Cup of Milk, stir, and turn off the heat.
Step-04: Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and allow it to cool. Once cooled, add the Yeast and Eggs. Attach the dough kneader to the mixer and mix for 5 minutes on low speed.
Step-05: Hand-knead the dough until it is smooth. Grease a large bowl, place the dough inside, cover it with a damp towel, and let it sit for 2 hours.
Step-06: After 2 hours, mix Brown Sugar, White Sugar, and Cinnamon in a bowl. Roll out the dough into a 2.5 feet by 1.5 feet rectangle.
Step-07: Spread melted butter on the flattened dough, saving some for the top. Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mix evenly, then roll the dough into a jelly roll shape. Line a baking pan with parchment paper, coated with nonstick spray.
Step-08: Carefully place the rolled dough onto the parchment paper, tucking the ends and connecting them. Pinch the dough all around to ensure the ends are fully sealed. Cover it with a damp towel and let it sit for 40 minutes.
Step-09: Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit (175° Celsius). After 40 minutes, spread the remaining melted butter over the dough, reheating it if necessary. Place the King Cake in the heated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, checking for a light golden color dependent on the calibration of your oven.
Step-10: While the King Cake is baking, Combine the confectioners’ sugar and milk until it reaches a creamy consistency. Once the cake is done, act quickly. Have all your sugars ready.
Step-11: Spread sugar in sections of Purple, Gold, and Green. Let the cake rest for approximately 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Follow the video given below for better understanding
Some Serving Ideas for Cajun Ninja King Cake
1. Traditional Slice: Cut the Cajun Ninja King Cake into individual slices and serve it as is. The combination of cinnamon-spiced dough and cream cheese filling is delicious on its own.
2. Warm with Icing: Warm the Cajun Ninja King Cake slightly in the oven or microwave, then drizzle the top with the provided icing. The warm cake and gooey icing create a delightful combination.
3. Ice Cream Topping: Serve a slice of the Cajun Ninja King Cake as a base for a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The warm cake and cool ice cream complement each other perfectly.
4. Breakfast Treat: Enjoy a slice of the Cajun Ninja King Cake for breakfast. Pair it with coffee or tea for a delightful morning treat.
5. Bread Pudding: Cube the Cajun Ninja King Cake and use it as the base for a delicious bread pudding. Combine the cake cubes with a custard mixture of eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract.
6. King Cake Parfait: Layer crumbled Cajun Ninja King Cake with yogurt and fresh fruit in a glass or jar to make a delightful parfait. Repeat the layers and finish with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Remember to get creative and enjoy the Cajun Ninja King Cake in whichever way you prefer.
Some Tips for Making a delicious Cajun Ninja King Cake
1. Ingredients: Gather all the necessary ingredients before you start. You will need flour, sugar, yeast, butter, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and colored sugar (purple, green, and gold).
2. Dough preparation: Start by preparing the dough. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, yeast, and a pinch of salt. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and warm the milk. Add the melted butter, warm milk, eggs, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix until a soft dough forms.
3. Rising process: Grease a bowl and place the dough inside. Cover it using a moist cloth or wrap it in plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm area for about 1-2 hours or until it doubles in size. This process is essential for a light and fluffy king cake.
4. Filling: As the dough rises, make the filling. Mix softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and a splash of vanilla extract in a bowl until well combined. Add cinnamon or chopped nuts for extra flavor if desired.
5. Forming the ring: Bring the ends of the rolled dough together to form a ring shape. Pinch the edges together to seal the ring. Make sure the seam is secure to prevent the filling from leaking out during baking.
Remember to have fun while making your Cajun Ninja King Cake, and enjoy sharing this delightful treat with family and friends during Mardi Gras or any festive occasion!
The Cajun Ninja King Cake recipe is a true delight for both the taste buds and the spirit. This traditional Louisiana dessert captures the essence of Mardi Gras festivities, with its rich flavors and festive colors. The combination of cinnamon-infused dough, luscious cream cheese filling, and vibrant icing creates a mouthwatering treat that is perfect for any occasion.
What sets the Cajun Ninja King Cake recipe apart is its accessibility and ease of preparation. With simple ingredients and clear instructions, anyone can embark on this culinary adventure and experience the joy of baking their very own King Cake.
So, whether you’re celebrating Mardi Gras, hosting a gathering, or simply craving a delectable dessert, the Cajun Ninja King Cake is a surefire way to bring a taste of Louisiana into your home. Embrace the spirit of the season and indulge in this delightful treat that will leave you craving for more.
FAQs on Cajun Ninja King Cake Recipe
Here are some commonly asked questions and their short answers on Cajun Ninja King Cake recipe
1. What is a Cajun Ninja King Cake?
A Cajun Ninja King Cake is a traditional Mardi Gras dessert that originated in Louisiana. It is a sweet, yeast-based cake typically filled with cinnamon, sugar, and sometimes cream cheese or fruit fillings. It is then covered in colorful icing and decorated with festive sprinkles.
2. How long does it take to make a Cajun Ninja King Cake?
The total time to make a Cajun Ninja King Cake is around 3 hours, which includes the time for proofing the dough, filling, and baking. However, keep in mind that the hands-on preparation time is much less, usually around 30-45 minutes.
3. Can I make a Cajun Ninja King Cake in advance?
Yes, you can make a Cajun Ninja King Cake in advance. Once the cake has cooled completely, you can store it at room temperature for up to 2 days.
4. How many servings does a Cajun Ninja King Cake typically yield?
A standard-sized Cajun Ninja King Cake typically yields around 12-16 servings, depending on the size of the slices. It is a rich and indulgent dessert, so a smaller slice is often sufficient.
5. Can I freeze a partially baked Cajun Ninja King Cake?
It is not recommended to freeze a partially baked Cajun Ninja King Cake. Yeast-based dough can be sensitive to freezing, and it may not rise properly after thawing. It is best to either bake the cake completely and then freeze it, or freeze the dough before the proofing stage and complete the baking process when you are ready to serve it.
We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback, so please feel free to leave a comment below. And follow Yumophile on Pinterest for more interesting recipes.