It’s the kind of dessert dreams are made of, and it’s no wonder why the Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie has earned a special place in the hearts of dessert lovers.
In this blog, we’ll guide you through the process of recreating the Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie in your very own kitchen. From the first crumb of the graham cracker crust to the last, heavenly forkful of the rich, chocolatey filling.
Get ready to channel your inner pastry chef, as we break down the steps, share essential tips, and offer serving suggestions that will turn your home-baked pie into a dessert masterpiece. Let’s dive into the world of Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie magic.
Check Some Other Popular Pie Recipes on our website from below
Ingredients Required for Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe
For the Crust
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole graham crackers)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Chocolate Whipped Cream for garnish
Equipment & Tools Need for This Recipe
- Food Processor
- 9-10″ or Deep Dish Pie Plate
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie Sheet
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
How to Make Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie Step by Step
Step-01: Make the Pie Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grind the graham crackers in a food processor until they form fine crumbs.
- Combine crushed graham crackers with the granulated sugar and melted butter. Mix everything together using a fork.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and up the sides of your 9-10″ deep dish pie plate.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until it’s firm.
Step-02: Make the Filling
- In a medium-sized bowl, melt the butter and chocolate. Use microwave.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, whisk in the flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs and egg white, one at a time, until the mixture becomes smooth.
- If you’re using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, stir them into the mixture.
Step-03: Assemble and Make the Pie
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake the pie in the oven until the top is puffed, and the filling is set in the center, which usually takes between 35-45 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool and serve it at room temperature. For the best results, chill the pie for a few hours before cutting.
To add that extra touch of indulgence, top your slices with chocolate whipped cream or a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Please take a moment to watch the recipe video for a more comprehensive understanding of the process.
Nutrition Table for Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie
|Amount Per Serving
|– Saturated Fat
|– Dietary Fiber
Please note that this is a rich and indulgent dessert, so it’s best enjoyed in moderation as an occasional treat.
Creative Serving Ideas for Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie
1. Classic a la Mode: Serve each slice of pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The contrast of the warm, gooey pie and the cold, creamy ice cream is a match made in dessert heaven.
2. Chocolate Lovers Dream: Chocolate lovers can indulge by adding a drizzle of warm chocolate ganache on top of each slice. It not only adds an extra layer of chocolatey goodness but also gives the pie a beautiful glossy finish.
3. Fruit Compote: Balance the richness of the chocolate with a fruit compote. Try raspberry, cherry, or strawberry compote for a fruity and slightly tart contrast. The fruitiness will cut through the sweetness of the pie.
4. Whipped Cream and Chocolate Shavings: Top each slice with a generous dollop of fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings.
5. Caramel Drizzle: For a sweet and buttery flavor, drizzle some warm caramel sauce over the pie. The combination of caramel and chocolate is simply irresistible.
6. Nutty Crunch: Add some texture and nutty flavor by garnishing the pie with chopped toasted nuts, such as pecans or almonds. They provide a satisfying crunch to complement the silky filling.
7. Berries and Whipped Cream: Fresh berries, like strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries, add a refreshing and slightly tart contrast to the richness of the pie. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream for a touch of lightness.
8. Coffee or Espresso: A slice of Chocolate Chess Pie pairs wonderfully with a cup of coffee or espresso. The coffee’s bitterness complements the sweetness of the pie, creating a well-balanced dessert experience.
9. Minty Freshness: Garnish each slice with a sprig of fresh mint. The minty aroma and taste provide a refreshing contrast to the chocolate’s intensity.
10. Sliced Bananas: For a delightful twist, serve your pie with thinly sliced bananas. The natural sweetness of bananas pairs harmoniously with the rich chocolate filling.
Some Special Recommendation and tips on this Recipe
1. Choose Quality Ingredients: To achieve the best flavor, use high-quality ingredients, especially when it comes to the chocolate. Opt for a good semisweet baking chocolate.
2. Prepare the Crust Properly: Make sure to press the graham cracker crust evenly into the pie plate. An even crust will ensure your pie has a sturdy base.
3. Prevent Spillage: If you’re using a standard 9″ pie plate, be cautious because the pie will be quite full. To avoid any potential spills in your oven, place the pie plate on a cookie sheet while baking.
4. Melt Chocolate with Care: When melting the chocolate and butter, use a microwave or a double boiler. Be sure to stir the mixture frequently and avoid overheating, as chocolate can burn easily.
5. Smooth Filling: When whisking in the flour, sugar, vanilla, and salt into the melted chocolate and butter, make sure to create a smooth and lump-free mixture. Whisk in the eggs and egg white individually to maintain the smooth consistency.
6. Optional Mix-Ins: Feel free to get creative with your filling by adding in your favorite mix-ins. If you’re not a fan of peanut butter cups, consider using chocolate chips, nuts, or other candies.
7. Cool Before Slicing: For neat, picture-perfect slices, it’s recommended to chill the pie for a few hours before cutting. This helps the filling set and ensures cleaner slices.
8. Serving Suggestions: Elevate your pie by topping it with chocolate whipped cream or a scoop of your favorite ice cream. These additions complement the pie’s richness and add extra indulgence.
9. Storage: Leftover pie can be stored in the refrigerator. Cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it fresh. It’s even more delicious when served chilled!
Frequently Asked Questions on Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe
In this section, we’ve compiled a list of most commonly asked questions on Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe along with concise answers
1. What is chocolate chess pie made of?
Chocolate chess pie is made with ingredients like sugar, butter, eggs, cocoa powder, and milk. These are mixed together to create a rich, chocolatey filling in a pie crust.
2. What is chess pie made of?
Traditional chess pie consists of simple ingredients: sugar, butter, eggs, cornmeal, and vinegar or buttermilk. It’s a classic Southern dessert known for its sweet, custard-like filling.
3. Why is chess pie called chess?
The origin of the name “chess pie” is somewhat debated. Some say it’s derived from the term “chest,” a reference to storing the pie in a chest or pantry. Others believe it’s a mispronunciation of “cheese pie,” where “cheese” refers to curdled milk or buttermilk used in the filling.
4. What is another name for a chess pie?
Chess pie is sometimes referred to as “vinegar pie” due to its use of vinegar in the filling. It can also be known as “buttermilk pie” when buttermilk is the primary liquid component.
5. Can I use a store-bought pie crust for chocolate chess pie?
Yes, you can use a pre-made pie crust for convenience. However, a homemade crust can add a special touch to your pie if desired.
6. What’s the difference between chocolate chess pie and traditional chess pie?
The main difference is the addition of cocoa powder or melted chocolate in chocolate chess pie, which gives it a chocolate flavor. Traditional chess pie is a plain, sweet custard pie.
7. Do I need to refrigerate chocolate chess pie?
Yes, it’s recommended to refrigerate chocolate chess pie to keep it fresh and safe, especially if it contains dairy or eggs.
8. Can I use a different type of vinegar in chess pie?
While white vinegar is the most common choice, you can experiment with different types like apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar for slightly varied flavors.
9. What is the best way to serve chocolate chess pie?
Chocolate chess pie is typically served at room temperature or slightly warm. It’s delicious on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
10. Can I make a gluten-free version of chocolate chess pie?
Yes, you can make a gluten-free chocolate chess pie by using a gluten-free pie crust or a crust made from alternative flours, like almond or coconut flour. Ensure that other ingredients used are also gluten-free.
In conclusion, the Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie recipe is a luxurious journey into the world of chocolate indulgence. With its sumptuous, velvety filling and crisp graham cracker crust, it’s a slice of heaven you can create in your own kitchen.
We’ve guided you through the steps, offered valuable tips, and shared creative serving suggestions to elevate your dessert experience.
This pie isn’t just about flavor; it’s about sharing joy and culinary magic with loved ones. So, whether it’s a special occasion or a simple indulgence, savor each bite of your homemade Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie.
It’s a testament to the joy of good food and the love it brings to your table. Share it, enjoy it, and let the rich chocolate filling whisk you away to a world of decadence and delight. With this recipe in your hands, you’re ready to create moments of pure bliss. Happy baking!
If you have anything to share with me please comment below. you can also get in touch with me on Pinterest.