When you think of hard boiled eggs, you might think of Easter. But they’re a great anytime snack, and they’re really easy to make. You can eat them plain, or chop them up and add them to salads or other dishes.
If you want perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs that peel like a dream every time then you NEED a pressure cooker. Once you make these magical eggs you will never go back. They are soooo easy and soooo fast. And they peel cleanly EVERY SINGLE TIME. You can make 2 or 20 and you will always get perfect results. If you make hard boiled eggs even on a semi-regular basis it is worth it to have a pressure cooker or instant pot.
In total it will take you 15 minutes from start to finish. It takes 5 minutes for the pressure cooker to pressurize, 5 minutes to cook, and 5 minutes to release.
Remember the 5-5-5!
The amazing thing about the pressure cooker is that even if your eggs are super fresh they will peel easily every time. They will also be perfectly cooked. Just add them to some ice water once they are done for a quick cool off. Great for egg salad, salad toppings, or even as a healthy snack.
- 1 cup Water, or as directed by your pressure cooker manufacturer
- Fill pressure cooker with one cup of water (or minimum amount as directed by your pressure cooker manufacturer)
- Place eggs in the steamer basket or on the rack that came with your cooker. Seal the lid and use the egg setting or set the pressure cooker to low pressure for a cook time of 5 minutes.
- Cook the eggs for 5 minutes, and then allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes use the quick release and open the pressure cooker.
- Transfer the hot eggs to a bowl with ice and water to cool
Don’t use high pressure or the eggs will crack.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g