If you’re a fan of authentic Italian pizza, you’re in for a treat! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of making Vito Iacopelli pizza, a beloved classic that’s sure to satisfy your pizza cravings.
With the right ingredients and a little patience, you can create a delicious, restaurant-quality pizza at home. So, let’s roll up our sleeves and Let’s try vito iacopelli pizza dough recipe.
Ingredients Required for Vito Iacopelli Pizza
- 300 ml Lukewarm Water
- 5 g Dry Yeast
- 5 g Honey
- 300 g 00 Flour
- 700 ml Lukewarm Water
- 40 g Salt
- 1,250 g 00 Flour
Equipment & Tools Need for This Recipe
- Large mixing bowls
- Plastic wrap
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer with dough hook (optional, but highly recommended)
- Bench scraper
- Olive oil
- Clean towel
- Sheet pan
- Flour for dusting
Preparation Time: 1 hour (plus overnight resting)
Cooking Time: Varies (depending on your chosen toppings)
How to Make Vito Iacopelli Pizza
Make the Poolish:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 300 ml of lukewarm water, 5 g of dry yeast, 5 g of honey, and 300 g of 00 flour. Mix the ingredients until well combined.
2. Cover the bowl and let it rest at room temperature for 1 hour. After the initial rest, place the bowl in the fridge overnight.
3. Prior to using the Poolish, remove it from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes.
Making the Dough:
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the Poolish, 1,250 g of 00 flour, and all of the salt. It’s crucial to add water gradually; do not pour it all at once. Allow the flour to absorb the water little by little before adding more.
2. If you have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer with a dough hook, use it to mix the dough for 8 to 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can hand-knead the dough for 10 minutes or more until it comes together, even though it may be a bit sticky.
3. Remove the dough from the bowl, and using a bench scraper, work the dough with your hands as if forming a large ball. Use your fingers underneath to lift the dough off the board.
4. Coat a bit of olive oil in the mixing bowl and gently place the dough inside. Allow it to rest and rise for 1 hour, covering the bowl.
5. After the dough has risen, turn it out onto a work board. Coat your hands with olive oil, pat the top of the dough, and use a clean towel to cover it after cutting each piece.
6. Weigh the dough on a scale, aiming for 250 to 310 grams per ball. Always keep the top on top and fold the dough under itself, turning and repeating. Shape the dough on the counter into small circles, pulling the dough ball toward you several times to seal the bottom side. Keep your hands oiled to ensure the dough remains soft and pliable.
7. This method will result in nicely rounded dough balls. Coat a sheet pan with flour and place the dough balls about 2 to 3 fingers apart. Add a little oil to the top of the dough balls and cover them with plastic wrap.
8. Let the dough balls rest at room temperature for 2 hours. You can store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Please take a moment to watch the recipe video for a more comprehensive understanding of the process.
Creative Serving Ideas for Vito Iacopelli Pizza
1. Greek Seasoning: Serving Idea: Sprinkle this Greek seasoning on top of your Vito Iacopelli Pizza for an extra burst of Mediterranean flavor.
2. Caramel Brulee Latte: Serve a Caramel Brulee Latte alongside your pizza for a sweet and indulgent beverage option.
3. Squiggly Noodles: Create a pasta salad with squiggly noodles and a light vinaigrette to serve as a side dish with your pizza.
4. Crab Bomb: Enjoy a Crab Bomb appetizer or seafood dip before diving into your pizza.
5. Fried Green Tomatoes: These crispy, tangy tomatoes make a fantastic appetizer to whet your appetite before enjoying the pizza.
6. Broccoli Salad: A fresh and crunchy broccoli salad with a creamy dressing can be a refreshing side to balance the richness of the pizza.
7. Caesar Salad: A classic Caesar salad with crisp romaine, croutons, and Caesar dressing can be a great accompaniment to your pizza.
8. Potato Soup: Serve a warm and hearty potato soup as a comforting side dish to complement the pizza.
9. Goat Cheese Balls: These creamy and savory goat cheese balls can be served as an appetizer before the pizza.
10. Iced Coffee: A chilled, sweetened iced coffee can be a delightful beverage choice to enjoy with your pizza, especially on a warm day.
Some Special Recommendation and tips on this Recipe
1. Quality Ingredients: Start with high-quality ingredients, especially when it comes to the flour and yeast. Using 00 flour and fresh yeast will make a noticeable difference in the final result.
2. Poolish Perfection: The overnight rest for the Poolish is essential. It develops a complex flavor and enhances the dough’s texture. Don’t rush this step.
3. Gradual Water Addition: When mixing the dough, add water gradually. This allows the flour to hydrate properly and helps achieve the desired dough consistency.
4. Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer: If you have one, use a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer with a dough hook. It makes kneading much easier and more consistent, resulting in a smoother dough.
5. Hand Kneading: If you don’t have a stand mixer, don’t worry. Hand-kneading is perfectly fine, though it may take a bit more effort. The key is to knead until the dough comes together, even if it’s slightly sticky.
6. Room Temperature Rest: Allow the dough to rest at room temperature for an hour after shaping the balls. This helps the dough relax and become easier to work with.
7. Use a Scale: Weighing your dough balls ensures uniform size, which is crucial for consistent cooking. Aim for 250 to 310 grams per ball.
8. Customize Your Pizza: While the recipe provides the base dough, don’t forget to have fun with your pizza by adding your favorite toppings. Get creative and make it your own.
Frequently Asked Questions on Vito Iacopelli Pizza Making
In this section, we’ve compiled a list of most commonly asked questions on Vito Iacopelli Pizza Making along with concise answers
1. How much does a ball of Vito dough weigh?
A standard ball of Vito Iacopelli Pizza dough weighs approximately 250 grams.
2. What percentage of poolish is used in Vito Iacopelli’s pizza dough?
Vito Iacopelli’s pizza dough typically uses a poolish that makes up about 20% of the total dough weight.
3. Who is Vito Iacopelli?
Vito Iacopelli is a renowned Italian pizza chef and the founder of Vito Iacopelli Pizza, known for his expertise in traditional Neapolitan pizza making.
4. How to make pizza dough from a Vito Iacopelli Pizza package?
Follow the instructions on the Vito Iacopelli Pizza package. Generally, you’ll need to mix the dough with water, allow it to rise, and then shape it into pizza crusts.
5. What is the key to achieving a perfect Neapolitan-style pizza with Vito Iacopelli’s dough?
The key is to use high-quality ingredients, a hot wood-fired oven, and a short cooking time, typically around 90 seconds at 800°F (430°C).
6. Does Vito Iacopelli Pizza offer gluten-free dough options?
Yes, Vito Iacopelli Pizza offers gluten-free pizza dough for those with dietary restrictions.
7. Can I freeze Vito Iacopelli Pizza dough for later use?
Yes, you can freeze the dough for future use. Just make sure to wrap it tightly to prevent freezer burn.
8. What’s the recommended resting time for Vito Iacopelli Pizza dough before shaping it into a pizza?
It’s recommended to let the dough rest for at least 24-48 hours in the refrigerator to develop its flavor and texture.
9. What type of flour does Vito Iacopelli recommend for making his pizza dough?
Vito Iacopelli recommends using “00” Caputo flour, a finely milled Italian flour that’s ideal for Neapolitan pizza.
10. Are there any specific toppings that Vito Iacopelli recommends for his Neapolitan pizza?
Vito Iacopelli suggests using classic toppings like San Marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and high-quality olive oil to keep the pizza authentic and delicious.
With this recipe, you’re on your way to enjoying the delightful flavors of Vito Iacopelli pizza in the comfort of your own home. Make sure to take your time, follow the steps, and savor the satisfaction of crafting a mouthwatering, authentic Italian pizza. Bon appétit!
If you have anything to share with me please comment below. you can also get in touch with me on Pinterest.