Get ready to savor the mouthwatering taste of a perfectly tender and juicy Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork! This recipe is here to make your life easier and your dinner table a lot more exciting. With the help of your trusty Ninja Foodi, you’ll be able to create a delicious pulled pork dish that will have your family and friends begging for more. Say goodbye to long cooking times and hello to a scrumptious meal prepared in a fraction of the time. In this post, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to create a flavorful pulled pork masterpiece that will become a staple in your home. So, roll up your sleeves, grab your Ninja Foodi, and let’s get cooking!
Choosing the Perfect Pork Cut for Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork
When it comes to creating a mouthwatering Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork, selecting the right cut of pork is essential. The ideal cut for this recipe should be tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. Here’s what you need to know about picking the best pork cut for your dish:
- Pork Shoulder (also known as Boston Butt or Pork Butt): This is the most popular and widely recommended cut for pulled pork. Pork shoulder is a marbled, fatty cut that becomes incredibly tender when cooked under pressure, making it perfect for the Ninja Foodi. The marbling ensures that the meat remains moist and flavorful during the cooking process. Additionally, this cut is often more affordable than other options, making it ideal for serving a crowd.
- Pork Loin: While not as traditional for pulled pork, a pork loin can also be used in this recipe if you prefer a leaner cut. Keep in mind that because it has less fat, it may not be as tender or flavorful as a pork shoulder. However, if you’re looking for a healthier option, a pork loin can still yield delicious results.
- Boneless vs. Bone-in: Both boneless and bone-in cuts can be used for this recipe. Some believe that cooking with the bone in adds extra flavor to the meat, while others prefer the convenience of a boneless cut. Ultimately, the choice comes down to personal preference and availability.
- Size: When choosing the size of your pork cut, consider the capacity of your Ninja Foodi and how many people you’re planning to serve. A good rule of thumb is to allow for 1/2 to 3/4 pound of raw pork per person. Keep in mind that the meat will shrink slightly during the cooking process.
In summary, for the best Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork, opt for a pork shoulder cut, either bone-in or boneless, based on your preference. This cut guarantees a tender, juicy, and flavorful result that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
- 4-5 pounds pork shoulder (Boston Butt or Pork Butt), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for added heat)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using) to create the dry rub. Set aside.
- Pat the pork shoulder dry with paper towels and evenly coat it with the dry rub, making sure to press the seasoning into the meat.
- Turn on your Ninja Foodi and select the "Sear/Sauté" function. Adjust the temperature to medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, sear the pork shoulder on all sides until a nice crust forms, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the pork from the pot and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add the sliced onion and minced garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is softened and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and chicken broth (or water) to the pot, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to deglaze and release any browned bits.
- Return the seared pork shoulder to the pot, placing it on top of the onions. Pour 1 cup of the barbecue sauce over the pork.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid on the Ninja Foodi and set the pressure valve to "Seal." Select the "Pressure Cook" function and adjust the cooking time to 45-60 minutes on high pressure, depending on the size of your pork shoulder.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes before turning the pressure valve to "Vent" to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the cooked pork from the pot and place it on a cutting board or large platter. Use two forks to shred the meat, discarding any large pieces of fat or connective tissue.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded pork with the remaining 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce, adding more as needed to achieve the desired sauciness. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Serve your Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork on toasted buns with coleslaw, or as a main dish alongside your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Please note that the cook time may vary slightly depending on the size and thickness of your pork shoulder, as well as the specific model of your Ninja Foodi.
The Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork recipe is inspired by American Southern cuisine, specifically barbecue traditions. Pulled pork is a popular dish in the United States, particularly in the South, where it is often served at cookouts, picnics, and family gatherings. The combination of the dry rub and barbecue sauce in this recipe gives the dish its characteristic smoky and tangy flavors, reminiscent of traditional Southern-style barbecue.
Here’s a list of delicious sides and accompaniments that pair perfectly with Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork:
- Coleslaw: A classic pairing, creamy or vinegar-based coleslaw adds a refreshing crunch and complements the flavors of the pulled pork.
- Baked Beans: Another barbecue staple, baked beans provide a sweet and savory balance to the dish.
- Macaroni and Cheese: A rich and creamy mac and cheese is always a crowd-pleaser and goes well with pulled pork.
- Cornbread: Serve warm, buttered cornbread as a comforting and delicious side.
- Grilled or Roasted Vegetables: Add some color and nutrition to your plate with a mix of grilled or roasted vegetables, such as corn on the cob, zucchini, or bell peppers.
- Potato Salad: A creamy or vinegar-based potato salad is a great accompaniment to pulled pork, adding both texture and flavor.
- Pickles: Serve dill pickles or pickled vegetables, like jalapeños or onions, to add a tangy contrast to the rich flavors of the pulled pork.
- Green Salad: A simple green salad with a light vinaigrette can help to balance out the richness of the pulled pork.
- Collard Greens: For a true taste of the South, serve your pulled pork with some tender, slow-cooked collard greens.
- Mashed Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes: Creamy mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes make for a comforting and delicious side dish.
- Onion Rings or French Fries: Crispy onion rings or fries are always a popular choice to serve alongside pulled pork sandwiches.
- Dinner Rolls or Hamburger Buns: Offer soft dinner rolls or hamburger buns to make pulled pork sandwiches, a classic and convenient way to serve the dish.
Feel free to mix and match these options to create a well-rounded and satisfying meal centered around your Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork.