Indulging in the sweet symphony of flavors is a delight for the senses, and there’s nothing quite like a homemade cookie to satisfy your cravings. If you’re looking for a classic recipe that never fails to impress, look no further than Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookie Recipe.
These delectable treats are a testament to the artistry of baking, combining a buttery and crumbly texture with a burst of fruity goodness. This recipe will guide you through creating the perfect thumbprint cookies, adorned with a delightful dollop of your favorite jam.
So, preheat your oven, gather your ingredients, and let’s embark on a mouthwatering adventure that will leave you with a plate full of irresistible cookies that disappear as quickly as they appear. Make it and enjoy the cookie with Delightful Herbalife Iced Coffee.
Ingredients Required for Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
- Sugar- ⅓ cup
- Salt- ¼ tsp.
- Vegetable shortening- ½ cup
- Unsalted butter- 6T
- Softened egg- 1 Pcs
- Vanilla extract- ½ tsp.
- Almond extract- ¼ tsp.
- Cake flour- 2 cups
- Sprinkles or finely chopped walnuts
Equipment & Tools Required
- Mixing Bowls and Mixer
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheets
- Thumbprint Tool or Your Thumb
- Wire Cooling Rack
- Jam or Preserves
Let’s Start Making Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookie Step By Step
Step-01: Cream the Butter and Shortening
In a mixing bowl, combine 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, ½ cup vegetable shortening, 4 tsp salt, and ⅓ cup sugar. Whisk vigorously until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, making sure to scrape the bowl as necessary.
Step-02: Add Egg and Extracts
Incorporate 1 egg, followed by vanilla and almond extracts, into the butter and shortening mixture. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
Step-03: Incorporate Sugar and Flour
Slowly incorporate 2 cups of cake flour into the mixture, adding small amounts at a time while starting at low speed to prevent flour from scattering. In the absence of cake flour, can use all purpose flour.
Step-04: Scoop and Shape the Dough
Use a 3/4 ounce scoop to portion out the dough onto a baking sheet. Optionally, roll the dough in nuts or sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles. Press down on each dough portion with your thumb (or the back of the scoop) to create a thumbprint indentation.
Step-05: Chill and Bake
Chill the dough for 10 minutes before baking the cookies at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Step-06: Prepare Vanilla Buttercream
In a separate bowl, combine butter, vanilla extract, salt, and powdered sugar to make the vanilla buttercream. Mix until well combined and transfer the mixture to a piping bag.
Step-07: Prepare Chocolate Buttercream
In another bowl, combine butter, cocoa powder, salt, powdered sugar, and a little milk if needed to adjust the consistency. Beat until smooth and transfer to a separate piping bag.
Step-08: Frost the Cookies
Once the cookies have cooled, pipe vanilla buttercream into some of the thumbprint indentations and chocolate buttercream into others. Enjoy your delicious Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookies!
Follow the video given below for better understanding
Some Serving Ideas For Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
There are various delightful ways to serve and enjoy Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookies. Here are some serving ideas to enhance your cookie experience
1. Classic Presentation: Serve the thumbprint cookies on a platter or a decorative tray, allowing guests to choose their favorite flavors. Arrange them neatly, showcasing the different fillings and toppings.
2. Afternoon Tea: Pair the thumbprint cookies with a pot of freshly brewed tea for a traditional and elegant touch.
3. Cookie Exchange: Share the joy of Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookies by hosting a cookie exchange party. Invite friends or family members to bring their favorite cookie recipes, including these thumbprint cookies.
4. Dessert Platter: Create a tempting dessert platter by combining the thumbprint cookies with other sweet treats. Add some chocolate truffles, macarons, mini cupcakes, or other bite-sized desserts for a delightful assortment.
5. Gift Giving: Package a selection of Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookies in a decorative box or tin for a thoughtful homemade gift. Tie a ribbon around it and include a personalized note to make it extra special.
Some tips for making a delicious and flavorful Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
1. Softened Butter: Before creaming the butter with the shortening and sugar, make sure it is softened at room temperature.
2. Chill the Dough: After shaping the thumbprint cookies, it’s important to refrigerate them for about 10 minutes.
3. Proper Thumbprint Indentation: Use your thumb or the back of a scoop to create a well-defined indentation in each cookie. Press firmly but gently to create a cavity that will hold the filling without spreading too much during baking.
4. Fillings and Toppings: Experiment with various fillings and toppings to add variety and flavor to your thumbprint cookies.
5. Cooling and Filling: After baking, let the thumbprint cookies cool completely on a wire rack before adding the filling. This will ensure that the cookies become firm enough to support the filling without melting or losing their shape.
6. Piping Bags for Frosting: Use piping bags fitted with decorative tips to add the vanilla and chocolate buttercream fillings. This allows for precise filling and gives your thumbprint cookies an attractive appearance.
You can also try various fillings, such as caramel, nut butter, or even Nutella, for a unique twist.
The, Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookie recipe is a delightful and versatile treat that never fails to impress. With its buttery and crumbly texture, these cookies offer a perfect balance of sweetness and fruity flavors from the delectable fillings. Whether you choose classic fruit preserves, indulgent chocolate ganache, or even nut butter, each bite is a burst of pure delight.
These cookies are not only a delight to the taste buds but also a joy to make. With a few simple ingredients and some creative variations, you can personalize your thumbprint cookies to suit your preferences and occasion.
Whether you enjoy them on their own with a cup of tea, share them at a cookie exchange, or gift them to loved ones, Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookies are sure to bring smiles and warm hearts. So, grab your apron, preheat your oven, and embark on a baking adventure that will leave you with a plateful of irresistible treats to enjoy and share.
FAQs on Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
Here are some commonly asked questions and and their answers on Kaufmann’s Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
It’s best to use unsalted butter to have better control over the overall saltiness of the cookies. However, if you only have salted butter, you can reduce or omit the additional salt in the recipe.
2. Can I use all-purpose flour instead of cake flour?
You can use all-purpose flour as a substitute for cake flour. For every cup of all-purpose flour, remove 2 tablespoons and replace them with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. This substitution will mimic the lower protein content of cake flour.
3. How can I prevent the cookies from spreading too much?
Chill the dough before baking to prevent excessive spreading. Ensure your butter is softened, not melted, before creaming it with the shortening and sugar. Press the thumbprint indentation firmly but gently to create a well-defined cavity
4. How should I store thumbprint cookies?
To store Thumbprint cookies, place them in an airtight container at room temperature for several days. For extended storage, freeze the unfilled cookies and add the fillings when ready.
5. Can I use different fillings for the thumbprint cookies?
Absolutely! You can get creative with the fillings. Traditional options include fruit preserves and jams, but you can also experiment with caramel, chocolate ganache, nut butter, or even Nutella for a unique twist.
6. Can I omit the nuts or sprinkles?
Yes, the nuts and sprinkles are optional. If you prefer a simpler look or have nut allergies, feel free to omit them. The cookies will still be delicious without the additional toppings.
We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback, so please feel free to leave a comment below. And follow Yumophile on Pinterest for more interesting recipes.