Indulge in the tropical paradise of flavor with our Melo Melo Coconut Jelly Recipe! If you’re craving a taste of the sun-kissed beaches and swaying palm trees, this delightful dessert will transport your taste buds to a coastal getaway.
Get ready to embark on a culinary journey that will have your senses tingling and your guests begging for seconds.
Let’s dive into the vibrant world of Melo Melo Coconut Jelly, where every spoonful is a taste of paradise!
Ingredients Required for Melo Melo Coconut Jelly Recipe
- 16 ounces of coconut milk
- 16 ounces of coconut water
- 16 ounces of regular milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) of condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened gelatin
- 1 tablespoon of coconut extract
- Fresh fruit for topping (e.g., star fruit, kiwi, pineapple, mango, banana)
Equipment & Tools Need for This Recipe
- A glass jar
- A stove or cooktop
- A mixing bowl
- A strainer
- Measuring cups and spoons
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 24 hours
How to Make Melo Melo Coconut Jelly Copycat
1. Prepare the Gelatin Mixture: Add 1 cup of coconut water to a mixing bowl. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of unsweetened gelatin over the coconut water, and mix it well. Set this mixture aside to allow the gelatin to bloom.
2. Combine the Liquid Ingredients: In a separate container, combine 16 ounces each of coconut milk, coconut water, and regular milk, 1 can of condensed milk and 2 tbsp. of granulated sugar. Stir thoroughly until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Heat the Mixture: Place the mixture on the stove over high heat. Continuously stir the mixture until it becomes hot but avoid bringing it to a boil. We’re aiming for a steaming hot consistency.
4. Add Coconut Extract: Once the mixture is heated, stir in 1 tablespoon of coconut extract. This will infuse your coconut jelly with a rich, tropical flavor.
5. Strain and Pour: Carefully strain the mixture to remove any lumps or impurities. Pour the smooth liquid into your chosen glass containers with lids.
6. Refrigerate for 24 Hours: Cover the containers and place them in the refrigerator for a full 24 hours. This time is crucial for the coconut jelly to set to the perfect consistency. After 24 hours, your coconut jelly will be ready.
Its texture will be smooth and slightly firm. Now comes the fun part – garnishing! Top your coconut jelly with slices of fresh fruit like star fruit, kiwi, pineapple, mango, or banana.
Enjoy Your Homemade Coconut Jelly.
Please take a moment to watch the recipe video for a more comprehensive understanding of the process.
Creative Serving Ideas for Melo Melo Coconut Jelly Recipe
1. Coconut Jelly Parfait: Layer Melo Melo Coconut Jelly with First Watch Chia Pudding, Fresh Berries, and a drizzle of Cava Greek Vinaigrette for a refreshing breakfast or dessert.
2. Coconut Jelly Salad: Toss cubes of Coconut Jelly into a salad with Brenda Gantt Fried Green Tomatoes, mixed greens, and a light Vinaigrette dressing for a unique twist on a classic salad.
3. Coconut Jelly Dessert Topping: Top your favorite desserts like Claire Saffitz Croissants or Milk Bar Pumpkin Pie with thin slices of Melo Melo Coconut Jelly for a tropical twist.
4. Coconut Jelly Smoothie: Blend Melo Melo Coconut Jelly with Herbalife Iced Coffee or Anabolic Ice Cream for a creamy and refreshing tropical smoothie.
5. Coconut Jelly Sushi Rolls: Create sushi rolls with Coconut Jelly, Snoop Dogg Caesar Salad, and Vito Iacopelli Pizza Dough for a fusion sushi experience.
6. Coconut Jelly Cocktail Garnish: Add cubes of Coconut Jelly to your cocktails, such as the “Under the Sea Refresher,” for a fun and tropical garnish.
7. Coconut Jelly Cheese Platter: Serve thin slices of Coconut Jelly on a cheese platter with Goat Cheese Balls Sur and Stalekracker Gumbo crackers for an appetizer with a tropical twist.
8. Coconut Jelly Curry: Incorporate Melo Melo Coconut Jelly into a curry dish, such as Panda Express Bourbon Chicken or Kevin Belton Pastalaya, to add a touch of sweetness and texture.
Some Special Recommendation and tips on this Recipe
1. Use Quality Ingredients: Opt for high-quality coconut milk, coconut water, and fresh fruits to enhance the flavor of your coconut jelly.
2. Bloom Gelatin Correctly: Ensure that you bloom the gelatin in cold liquid first to prevent lumps. Mix it well and let it sit for a few minutes until it’s fully absorbed before using it.
3. Control Heat: When heating the liquid mixture, keep a close eye on it. Do not let it come to a boil; it should be steaming hot but not boiling.
4. Stir Constantly: While heating the mixture, stir continuously to prevent the ingredients from sticking to the bottom of the pot and ensure even heating.
5. Strain for Smooth Texture: Straining the mixture before pouring it into containers helps remove any lumps or impurities, resulting in a smoother texture.
6. Choose Glass Containers: Glass containers with lids are the best choice for setting the coconut jelly. They allow you to seal and easily store your dessert.
7. Refrigerate Without Disturbing: Once filled, refrigerate the containers without moving them. This prevents the mixture from separating and ensures a consistent texture.
8. Serve Chilled: Coconut jelly is best enjoyed when served chilled. Keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve to maintain its firm texture.
10. Experiment with Toppings: Feel free to get creative with your toppings. Besides the suggested fruits, you can add shredded coconut, chocolate shavings, or even a drizzle of honey for added flair.
Frequently Asked Questions on Melo Melo Coconut Jelly Recipe
In this section, we’ve compiled a list of most commonly asked questions on Melo Melo Coconut Jelly Recipe along with concise answers
1. What is Melo Melo made of?
Melo Melo Coconut Jelly is primarily made from fresh coconut water, agar-agar (a plant-based gelatin substitute), sugar, and sometimes a touch of coconut milk for added creaminess.
2. How to make coconut jelly?
To make Melo Melo Coconut Jelly, you’ll need to:
- Boil fresh coconut water.
- Dissolve agar-agar in the boiling coconut water.
- Add sugar and coconut milk (optional) for flavor.
- Pour the mixture into molds or a container and let it set in the refrigerator.
Once it’s firm, slice it into desired shapes and serve.
3. How much is Melo Melo coconut jelly?
The price of Melo Melo Coconut Jelly can vary depending on where you buy it, the brand, and the quantity. On average, it typically costs between $3 to $5 per pack or container.
4. What does Melo Melo taste like?
Melo Melo Coconut Jelly has a delightful, refreshing taste that’s predominantly coconut-flavored with a slight sweetness. It offers a mild, natural coconut aroma and a smooth, gel-like texture that melts in your mouth.
5. Is Melo Melo Coconut Jelly vegan?
Yes, Melo Melo Coconut Jelly is often vegan-friendly as it’s made from plant-based ingredients, primarily coconut water and agar-agar. However, it’s essential to check the specific product’s ingredients to ensure it aligns with your dietary preferences.
6. Does Melo Melo Coconut Jelly contain artificial additives or preservatives?
Many Melo Melo Coconut Jelly brands aim to provide a natural and wholesome product, but it’s advisable to read the product label to confirm the absence of artificial additives or preservatives, as this can vary by brand.
7. Can I customize the sweetness of Melo Melo Coconut Jelly?
Yes, you can adjust the sweetness of Melo Melo Coconut Jelly to your liking by adding more or less sugar during the preparation process. Experiment with different levels of sweetness until you find your preferred taste.
8. How long does Melo Melo Coconut Jelly last in the refrigerator?
Melo Melo Coconut Jelly can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days if kept in an airtight container. Be sure to check for any signs of spoilage before consuming.
9. Are there variations of Melo Melo Coconut Jelly with additional toppings or flavors?
Yes, some variations of Melo Melo Coconut Jelly may include toppings like fruit slices, nata de coco (coconut gel), or flavored syrups for added texture and taste. These variations can offer a unique twist to the traditional recipe.
10. Can I use canned coconut water to make Melo Melo Coconut Jelly?
While fresh coconut water is preferred for its natural flavor, you can use canned or packaged coconut water if fresh is not available. Just make sure it’s 100% pure coconut water without added sugars or flavors for the best results.
The Melo Melo Coconut Jelly recipe is a delightful and refreshing treat that captures the essence of tropical paradise in every bite. Its simplicity, combined with its burst of flavors, makes it a perfect dessert for any occasion.
The creamy coconut milk base offers a rich, indulgent texture that beautifully complements the subtle sweetness of the melon and the soothing aroma of pandan leaves. This harmonious blend of ingredients creates a sensory experience that transports your taste buds to a serene beachside retreat.
So, whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, you can savor the taste of the tropics with this Melo Melo Coconut Jelly. Give it a try, and you’ll find yourself transported to a world of culinary bliss with every spoonful. Enjoy!
If you have anything to share with me please comment below. you can also get in touch with me on Pinterest.